An intensive 2-day workshop for anyone who wants to learn how turn waste to resource by composting and then use this amazing resource to grow amazing, delicious veggies and fertilize your property organically. This practical weekend workshop will be an intensive blend of class sessions where students will first learn the science of composting and soil, followed by practical hands-on sessions BUILDING and applying what they just learned.
What you will learn:
- How to recycle all of your households organic matter
- How to organically grow huge, healthy and delicious food
- How to build a garden compost, indoor worm compost and compost tea brewer
- How to turn your property green and beautiful fertilizing it organically
About the Food, Chefs, Venue and Lodging:
Prepare yourself for delicious, organic, home made food. Both omnivore and vegetarian dishes will be served. Get ready to taste food that will nourish and inspire you to learn all the more!
All of this incredible goodness will be offered to you from the banks of the Cooking Lake at Cabine Soleil, a retreat and wellness centre set on 17 acres of idyllic forested land 45 min east of Edmonton. Walking trails, bird watching, serenity, peace, quiet – whatever you need I’m sure you can find it here!
Choose from camping for free, or spend the night in our guest cabin, but book soon, there are limited rooms! Campers have access to their own fully furbished bathroom including a flush toilet and shower. Guest rooms come with access to an additional fully furbished shared bathroom. Rooms start at$40/night. To inquire about the rooms and make a booking please contact [email protected]
- 9am – 10:30am – 1st Class session
- 10:30am – 10:45am – 15 min Break with refreshments
- 10:45am – 12:15pm – 2nd Class session
- 12:15pm – 1:15pm – 60 min Lunch Break
- 1:15pm – 2:45pm – 3rd Class Session
- 2:45pm – 3:00pm – 15 min Break with refreshments
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm – 4th class Session