An intensive 2-day workshop for anyone who wants trees for their hundreds of benefits & uses. Learn where to place trees appropriately on your property, how to plant and care for them, and how to get the most out of them. Whether you want free delicious food, to save on heating/cooling bills, to enjoy a beautiful backyard, or just increase your curb appeal, you will find trees are the answer.
This practical weekend workshop will be an intensive blend of class sessions where students will first learn information and skills, followed by practical hands-on sessions applying what they just learned. We will cover how to plan out a food forest in time and space and then go start planting one.
What you will learn:
- The myriad of ways trees can be used to save/make you money and functionally beautify your property
- How and where to strategically place and plant your trees so you get the most out of them (plan and plant!)
- Techniques for propagation, grafting, marcotting and coppicing
- How to build a food forest in time and space
About Food & Venue:
Get prepared for delicious, home made, “feel good” food. We will start the morning with coffee, tea and a delectable snack. After a morning of using your brain be prepared for a lunch to remember. With full stomachs and minds we will lastly offer you a selection of tea in the afternoon. Be nourished and inspired to learn all the more!
All of this incredible goodness will be offered to you from the St. Albert Grain Elevator Parks indoor classroom, which you will find below the renovated train station. Nearby you have gorgeous walking trails, a food forest to explore, and a site rich in history and character.
- 8:45-9am – Coffee/tea and Welcome
- 9am – 10:30am – 1st Class session
- 10:30am – 10:45am – 15 min Break with refreshments
- 10:45am – 12:15pm – 2nd Class session
- 12:15pm – 1:15pm – 60 min Lunch Break
- 1:15pm – 2:45pm – 3rd Class Session
- 2:45pm – 3:00pm – 15 min Break with refreshments
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm – 4th class Session