An intensive 4-day workshop for anyone who wants a beautiful property and home that meet their needs. Learn to survey, map and design a master plan for the property that you have always wanted. This practical blend of class sessions where students will first learn the concepts and skills behind Permaculture Design, followed by practical hands-on sessions applying what they just learned.
What you will learn:
- How to create holistic designs for garden, home and community
- How to survey the topography of the land. Then how put water to work so you dont have to!
- How to assess & work with the elements – wind, sun, water – so your home and garden flourish
- How to map. Create beautiful designs which will guide and inspire your master plan!
- The first 4 chapters of Bill Molisons Permaculture Manual + so much more
About the Food, Venue and Lodging:
Prepare yourself for delicious, organic, fresh, local, seasonal, home made, “feel good” food. Both omnivore and vegetarian dishes will be served. Get ready to taste food that will nourish and inspire you to learn all the more!
All of this incredible goodness will be offered to you from the banks of the Cooking Lake at Cabine Soleil, a retreat and wellness centre set on 17 acres of idyllic forested land 45 min east of Edmonton. Walking trails, bird watching, serenity, peace, quiet – whatever you need I’m sure you can find it here!
Choose from camping for free, or spend the night in our guest cabin, but book soon, there are limited rooms! Campers have access to their own fully furbished bathroom including a flush toilet and shower. Guest rooms come with access to an additional fully furbished shared bathroom. Rooms start at$40/night. To inquire about the rooms and make a booking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8am – Breakfast
- 9am – 10:30am – 1st Class session
- 10:30am – 10:45am – 15 min Break with refreshments
- 10:45am – 12:15pm – 2nd Class session
- 12:15pm – 1:15pm – 60 min Lunch Break
- 1:15pm – 2:45pm – 3rd Class Session
- 2:45pm – 3:00pm – 15 min Break with refreshments
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm – 4th class Session
- 5:30pm – Supper served.
- Evening – Camp fires, recreational activities, extra-curricular films. (Lights out & quiet time = 11pm)